Migrating data to Drupal 7
We'll take an in-depth, technical look at the challenges of migrating external data into Drupal. Working from a live example, we'll use Drupal 7's Migrate module to pull data into a Drupal site.
This will be a technical session designed to help you solve your own data migration problems.
Topics will include:
- Migration strategies for Drupal 7.
- Why the Migrate module rocks.
- The Migrate UI.
- Preparing data for migration.
- Defining source data for migration.
- Defining target objects for migration.
- Migrating nodes, users and taxonomy terms.
- Handling Drupal fields.
- Extending Migrate module.
- Using Drush with Migrate.
The session will examine a real-world scenario involving an Oracle-to-Drupal migration.