DC.Gov – Catching Up/Moving Ahead
Get the latest scoop on DC.Gov, the District’s official web portal.
In 2009, the Office of the Chief Technology Officer embarked on an ambitious project to modernize DC.Gov. Its goals included moving off an antiquated CMS, migrating over 100 sites to a new information architecture that is more citizen centric, implementing a new design, bridging the digital divide through the deployment of a mobile platform, facilitating the use of Web 2.0 features, and making the creation and publication of content easier and more efficient by District agencies. In 2011, we adopted Drupal 7, moving away from a commercial CMS that was the original solution.
This presentation recaps our progress, the challenges we uncounted, explains how we came to adopt Drupal 7 and lays out our upcoming plans.
• The challenge of the migrating from the original platform (unstructured content)
• Early wins (the DCPS story)
• Making the decision to move from a commercial CMS to Drupal
• Implementing Drupal 7 as an enterprise CMS solution
• Mobile as a serious component of DC.Gov
• Where we are and where we plan to be in a year
• How we hope to engage the local tech community
|Drupal Government Days Conference 051512 v2.ppt||1.39 MB|